The Information We Collect
We collect personal information directly from you to do all the things typically associated with Site. Examples of the information we collect include name, address, phone number, email address, personal preferences, credit card number, purchase and ordering information, demographical information, responses to survey questions and sizing information.
We may also collect information that you provide about people you know. For example, we collect your gift recipient's contact information to process your gift orders. We may also collect contact information about your friends and family members when you participate in one of our refer-a-friend programs. In these instances, we may send a message to your friend or family member on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message from you.
User Profile Information
Undies collects your full name, address, city, state, zip, country, e-mail address, shipping information and credit card information. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Undies may not be able to provide those services to you.
Purchase Related Information
Undies also collects information about the credit card you use to make a purchase, including card number, card type, cardholder name, billing address and expiration date, in order to bill you for your purchases through the Site.
If you choose to receive communications from Undies about special promotions when registering at undies.com, we may use your e-mail address to send you communications about surveys, contests and marketing information on Undies. We may use your e-mail address or telephone number to contact you about your purchase and availability.
How We Use Your Information
Undies collects and uses your personal information to better operate its stores and Sites and deliver the services you have requested. We use personal identifying information to do things like:
- process your online orders;
- open an online account;
- personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests;
- provide customer service, whether it's responding to a request or following up on an order;
- include you in surveys and contests;
- enable you to post your content, such as comments or images;
- facilitate networks of online social activity centered around our products and services;
- improve our Site, ensure the technical functioning of the Site, improve the manner in which offers are made on our Site, improve purchase decisions of our visitors and the interactions visitors have with our Site;
- enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our web environment, or by viewing our content within their web environment;
- market our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- send you periodic emails or text message notifications for special promotions; and
- develop new services.
Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
When you visit the Site, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, operating system, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, the site to which you navigate, time/date stamp, access times and other technical information. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn't contain your name, address, phone number, email address or other information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it.
To better understand what you do while on our site, we use a browser feature known as a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that's stored by your Web browser on your computer. It's used to do things like see how you navigate our Site, what you click on, and remember you and your online purchases when you return. This helps us improve our site, provide better customer service, tailor your online experience, and tailor offers to you based on your unique tastes and both your online and offline (e.g., in-store) interactions and purchase history.
When you access the certain areas of the Site, we require you to sign in using your e-mail address and password for user verification. Once you sign in, we record the e-mail address in the cookie file on your computer. We may also record your password in this cookie file. Permanent cookie files remain on your computer’s hard drive until you manually delete the file.
INFORMATION PROTECTION AND SECURITY
How We Protect Your Information
To ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, we use leading security technology and procedures which are reviewed regularly by our Security Management.
By providing you with this Privacy Statement, Undies is committing to protecting the information you provide to us. We regularly examine our information privacy practices to determine whether we are adhering to the disclosures about the collection, use, sharing, and protection of your personal information made in this privacy statement.
Protecting Your Information
We want our Site visitors to feel confident about using undies.com to make a purchase, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Our systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to undies.com over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission. Additionally, we restrict access to personal information to Undies employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals may be bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the internet, or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be completely secure. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Site will not become publicly available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
We may enable you to navigate to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content. We do this for your convenience. We don't endorse or generally have any affiliation with these third parties. And we don't control and aren't responsible for their Web practices. It is possible that the third party providing content through our Site may collect or observe information through its use of technology. Whether the third-party content appears within our Web environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Site for another site to view it, those service provider's terms, conditions, and privacy policies govern your online experience (unless there's a conspicuously posted statement by us that says otherwise). Please view their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices. Undies is not responsible for the privacy statements, policies, or other content on websites outside of the Undies Sites.
Any Visitors to the Site from a location outside the U.S. should understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S., and any and all information you receive from the Site are and will be created and maintained on servers and systems located in the U.S. You acknowledge and agree by using our Sites and providing us with data, that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement, and that such data may be stored on servers in the U.S. which may have less stringent privacy practices than those of your own resident jurisdiction. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
Protecting Your Information
Undies only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Undies in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Undies, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We contract with third-party advertising companies to deliver tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other websites. To serve this advertising, these third-party companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and clear gifs, to obtain information about customer interactions with us through our Site and interactions with other websites. Once this information is gathered, it helps us select tailored ads for placement on these other websites, based on a customers combined online and offline (e.g., in-store) shopping history and experience with us.
- We may also share the information described in this policy, like postal and email address, customer preferences, and purchase history within our corporate family so that our affiliates may market to you.
- We use third-party "back-office" contractors to help handle parts of our business because of their expertise, resources, or scale. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide some customer service through chat features, monitor site activity, serve surveys and provide analysis from the surveys when combined with website use, maintain databases, administer and monitor emails, administer and send mobile messages, serve ads on this and other Sites as described herein and provide consulting services. Contractors may also assist us in hosting microsites and mobile websites where you may provide personal information about you and others you know; and where they may observe information about you in the same way as described above.
- We may share your name, postal address, and summary purchase information with other merchants and merchant exchanges. Other merchants may, in turn, use this information to send you offers on their products and services. If you don't want this information shared with these merchants and exchanges, please opt out from offers.
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including a brand or line of business, consumer information may be one of the business assets that are transferred in connection with the transaction.
- Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
You may remove yourself from the Undies email list by following the removal instructions located at the bottom of each commercial email or by completing the removal from e-mail form. Opting out of any of these emails will not stop operational or transactional messages such as password-reset or account related information from the brand or line of business in question. We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we'll share your e-mail address with the specific third party in question. Please review their privacy policies to see how they treat your personal information.
COMMUNICATIONS TO AND FROM UNDIES
Communications from Undies
Generally, you will receive communications from us when you:
- Request a forgotten password on your account;
- Make a purchase;
- Elect to receive special promotional marketing communications; and
- Contact Undies with questions/suggestions.
We collect personal information such as your full name, e-mail address, and/or contact number whenever you submit a question or suggestion, or request assistance with viewing your account, logging on to undies.com, or accessing your account.
Responses To Your Questions Or Suggestions
We will use your e-mail address or telephone number to respond when you submit a question or suggestion, or request assistance logging on to your Undies account.
Make A Purchase
Each time you make a purchase through Undies you will receive confirmation of your new purchase via e-mail.
Request Customer Support or Submit Questions / Suggestions
When you request assistance with viewing your account, logging on to the Undies Site, or accessing your account, we will respond to you via e-mail, or telephone.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
If you have questions about our Privacy Statement, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
For specific questions, concerns, or complaints contact:
This Privacy Statement is effective September 11, 2014.